I'm a wedding photographer - in case you haven't guessed that already!
I live in Rayleigh, Essex with my boyfriend and our 3 babies... I mean cats.
I love coffee, cake and pizza...
...but you're probably here to find out more about me as a wedding photographer, not why I prefer thin & crispy over deep pan.
I started in the industry about 12 years ago, right at the bottom of the ladder - cleaning toilets in a local studio. I then trained up and started running the portrait studio whilst shooting weddings on the side. Now my main focus is in weddings with a small amount of portrait, event and commercial on the side.
Since then I've shot 100's of weddings and worked with numerous other photographers - basically - I'm pretty experienced! If something goes wrong (not that it will, obviously) I've probably seen it before, and I've probably fixed it too.
I'm happiest at a wedding when other people are laughing, usually at my expense - I'll happily climb on stuff or crawl on the floor and that usually brings out a few expressions!
I think I'm a bit 'extra mile':
- I’ll cry at least once, usually during the ceremony – though I try and hide it!
- I don’t clock-watch, if you’re running late – that’s OK by me.
- I’ll let other guests take pictures – and get people laughing for them.
- I butter up vicars to let me take pictures (flash off, be quiet and don’t move too much!)
- I’ll pull tissues out from the camera bag, wet ones and sweets for the kids, needle and thread just in case. I've even given a Bride my spare bra! (This doesn't happen at every wedding…)
- I’ll ask a million questions before the big day… Who? What? Where? When? I don’t want to miss a thing!